Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's finally happened....




.... I've become a West Coast Wimp!!

When I moved to Vancouver Island from Ontario 6 years ago, I used to chuckle to myself when all my new West Coast friends whined about one centimeter of snow, or a temperature below 5•C.

I was proud of the fact that I came from Ontario, where are summers are HOT (oh, how I miss that heat!) and our winters are COLD (I thought I missed the cold and snow....) Well, I think I may have to apologize to all my friends and family back in Comox, because I have DEFINITELY, 100% lost my Ontario toughness!

I left Comox on Monday afternoon and said goodbye to blue skies and 10•C weather... I am now in Edmonton, and heading north to Cold Lake, and Frrrrrrrrrrrrreezing!!

I have no idea what the actual temperature is here, but I do know it's not unreasonably cold (for here). The bus driver who's bringing us to Cold Lake commented on how sunny and "warm" it is today. I kid you not... He used the word warm to describe what I would call RIDICULOUSLY FREAKING COLD!! As in, I was outside for about 5 minutes max before I started whining to my mom about frost bite. Lol

So, it's official, I can no longer call myself a Winter-Tough Canadian. Instead I'm a West Coast Wimp.

I guess this just means I'll have to call gorgeous Vancouver Island home for the rest of my life. :)

I hope all my Comox Valley readers are enjoying some warm sunshine! If you are, send happy warm thoughts my way for the rest of the week.

<3 Gillian

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Unnamed Rd,Lesser Slave River No.124,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment